Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Simon Reynell

To whom it may concern,

I was dismayed to hear that the Arts Council was proposing to stop funding the London Musicians’ Collective. The LMC plays a crucial part in fostering, developing and expanding new and improvised musics in the UK, but also has an impact and repercussions internationally.

My own company would suffer if the LMC were to close, as many of the musicians with whom I produce cd’s are LMC members and/or are supported by the continuing existence of the LMC as a centre for organising events & festivals, running Resonance FM and generally co-ordinating much of the activity around experimental music in this country.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Reynell
Director of ‘another timbre’

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

coming from a country were i grow up hearing about crisis and goverment fundings i'm not surprised. what can musicians do,to be economic more selfsufichient?!i work to my liberty!!!and always be inside to be outside.well somehow is my answer to do what i like.and when i say work ,really mean work hard.i dont relly in anyone,for me and my sun!!i do it alone.

February 7, 2010 at 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home