Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Helena Gough

My attention has been drawn to the plight of the London Musicians'
Collective, whose grant from Arts Council England's Music Department
has now been entirely cut. I would like to voice my concern over this
matter. The LMC is dedicated to supporting avant-garde music of all
kinds in a way which cannot be equalled by any other organisation in
the country. It is a fundamental hub for those who have an interest in
experimental music, either professionally or as an engaged listener.

I have personally had the privilege of being involved with the LMC's
recent annual festival of experimental music. This gave me the
opportunity to perform to a committed and enthusiastic audience in an
environment that was both supportive and challenging. This was a
pivotal moment in my progression as a sound artist and I am immensely
grateful for it. Please do not let this invaluable resource fade away.
This is a matter which I, like many others, am very concerned about.


Helena Gough (freelance sound artist)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home