Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Robin Hayward

To the Arts Council of England

I am writing to express my support for the London Musicians' Collective, and my deep dismay upon hearing that its funding may be withdrawn from April 2008. The LMC has been supporting musicians from the grassroots level up for over 30 years, and is in touch with the musicians themselves and current trends within music, both within London and internationally. Having been based in Berlin for the last 10 years, I can confirm that it is the organization most closely associated with London's experimental music scene. In setting up the radio station 'Resonance' it has created an international forum for experimental music and inspired similar projects elsewhere in Europe. I urge the Arts Council of England to reconsider its decision, and feel it would be making a grave mistake should it not do so. Please reply to this email.

Robin Hayward
www.robinhayward.de

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home