Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bob Levene

Dear Mr Knight,

I’m writing to express my concern that the London Musicians Collective Arts Council Grant has been cut.

LMC is an organisation that has a long successful history of enabling & supporting musicians and artists, giving them the opportunity to perform to a broad and challenging audience. It presents, questions, and challenges the idea of music and listening as well as attracting a large & diverse audience particularly with its highly successful Radio Station Resonance.

I was recently asked to perform at LMC Experimental Music Festival,
I found the experience productive, challenging, engaging and supportive - everything I hope for (but rarely get) when working with an organisation. They took a risk with me and for that I am very grateful, in the light of the recent announcements from the culture sectary regarding ‘excellence in the arts’, it would be utterly ridiculous and a devastating blow to experimental music and art in the UK, if ACE were to effectively close the London Musicians Collective.

Please reconsider,
Regards
Bob Levene




Bob Levene

www.boblevene.co.uk
www.automatednoiseensemble.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home